The City of Midwest City is once again sponsoring the 4th Grade Arbor Week Poster contest. The theme for this year’s contest is My Favorite Evergreen Tree in Midwest City. The contest is open to all Midwest City 4th grade students.
Poster Contest guidelines include:
- All entries must be original artwork created by a 4th grade student. All participants must be Midwest City residents. Joint or team entry is acceptable. A student may enter the contest one time.
- Contest entries must be on 22” tall and 28” wide poster boards. Any other size will be disqualified. Poster board will be provided upon request.
- Media used may be: crayons, markers, paints or ink. (No magazine cutouts) Computer or photo generated art and/or printing is not acceptable.
- The theme – My Favorite Evergreen Tree in Midwest City must be included on the front of the posters.
The following information must be on the back of each poster:
- Grade Level (4th grade only)
- School name
- Teacher’s name
- Participants name, address and phone number where student can easily be reached
Posters will be judged as follows:
- Authenticity – 50 points
- Leaf Correctness – (25 points)
- Name & Spelling – (10 points)
- Tress Shape/Characteristic – (15 points)
- Originality – 10 points
- Theme – 20 points
- Neatness – 20 points
Bonus points will be given to those posters that include the name My Favorite Evergreen Tree in Midwest City on the front of the poster.
Prizes will be awarded as follows: 1st place - $150; 2nd place - $100; 3rd place - $75; Honorable Mention - $50.
Posters must be turned into the City of Midwest City Park & Recreation office at the Nick Harroz Community Center, located at 200 N. Midwest Blvd. no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 6, 2013.
Posters will be judged by the MWC Tree Board members. The winning posters will be displayed at the MWC Council Chambers, 100 N. Midwest Blvd. on Arbor Day. The Arbor Day Celebration will take place on March 26, 2013 during the Council meeting. The Mayor and City Council members will present the awards.
Reference material is available at the Librarian Desk at the MWC library.
For additional information, please call 739.1066
Thursday, January 24, 2013
by Kay Hunt