The Midwest City Neighborhoods in Action office was adopted in 2005. The program allows the City to offer needed services to community residents.
Current programming includes:
- Free GED classes each Tuesday and Thursday, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Free Homework Assistance Tutoring/Mentoring sessions, Tuesday and Thursday, from 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, free income tax preparation during tax season each Tuesday and Thursday, from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Juvenile Community Service Work
- Youth Summer Camp
- Winter, Spring and Fall, Youth After School Programming
- Health and Wellness Classes/Fairs
- Community Outreach Awareness Events
- Community Transformers/Faith-based Coalition
Community Action Agency has partnered with the Midwest City Neighborhoods in Action Division, located at 1124 N. Douglas Blvd. The Community Action Agency assists low income families with emergency services. They also help provide basic needs, such as food and clothing to low income families.
For further information, please call the agency at 869.9354. Area Director: Gloria Love.