The Midwest City Neighborhoods in Action office was adopted in 2005. The program allows the City to offer needed services to community residents.
Current programming includes:
- GED Referral Site
- Free Homework Assistance Tutoring/Mentoring sessions, Monday and Wednesday, from 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, free income tax preparation during tax season each Tuesday and Thursday, from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Juvenile Community Service Work
- Youth Summer Camp
- Winter, Spring and Fall, Youth After School Programming
- Health and Wellness Classes/Fairs
- Community Outreach Awareness Events
- Community Transformers/Faith-based Coalition
- Community Food Giveaway
- Annual Community Health Fair Partnership with OCU School of Nursing.
- Annual Community Healthy Eating Crock Pot Cooking Class
- Annual Community October Fest Event, Neighborhood Missionary Baptist Church
- Quarterly Community Financial Workshops Partnership with Allegiance Credit Union
- Dana Brown Cooper Head Start Annual Valentine/Graduation Event
- Dana Brown Cooper Head Start Monthly Parent Teacher Gathering
- Volunteer Gardening Program
- Monthly Community Diaper, Formula, Food and Baby Essentials Giveaways (BabyMobile)
- Community 1 Day and 7 Day Bus Pass Distribution Program
- Ticket to Rose State Program
- Community Bulletin Board
Partnership with the Community Action Agency (Assist Community with Basic Needs Services such as Food/Utility Referrals and Rental/Mortgage Assistance for those that qualify, etc...)
Partnership with AARP (Paid Staff Receptionist, 27 hours a week)