Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:00 PM
The city of Midwest City is offering free Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) again this year, beginning on Tuesday, February 5 and running through Thursday, April 11.
During this time on each Tuesday and Thursday, residents wishing to get assistance preparing their Federal or State income tax returns may go to the Nick Harroz Community Center, from 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. and be assisted by IRS Certified Volunteers.
- Free electronic filing of both Federal and State income tax returns
- Receive your refund in as little as 10 days
- Direct deposit into your checking or savings account
- Purchase savings bonds
- Take full advantage of available tax credits
Participants should bring:
- Drivers license for themselves, spouse
- Social Security cards for themselves, spouse and all dependents
- Copy of last years tax return
- W-2 and 1099 forms
- Information for all deductions and credits
- Information for direct deposit of refunds including tracking and account numbers