Mayor & City Council
The City Council is the governing board of the City. The Mayor and Council members are elected officials, with each Council member representing one of six wards from throughout the City. The Mayor is the 7th member of the Council and acts as an ex-officio council member-at-large.
The Council is responsible for appointing the City Manager, Judges, board members, committee members, approving the budget and various other duties.
- The regularly scheduled meetings of the Council/Authorities are held in the Council Chamber at 7:00 p.m. on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month, except in December there is only one meeting on the 2nd Tuesday.
- The regularly scheduled Staff Briefings preceding the Council/Authority meetings are held in the Council/City Manager's Conference Room at 6:00 p.m. on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month, except in December there is only one meeting on the 2nd Tuesday.
- The Midwest City Council Chamber is located in City Hall at 100 N. Midwest Blvd., Midwest City, OK 73110 at the corner of Reno and Midwest Blvd.
- The Midwest City Council/City Manager Conference Room is located on the second floor in City Hall at 100 N. Midwest Blvd., Midwest City, OK 73110 at the corner of Reno and Midwest Blvd. (Enter through S.W. black door near drive-thru marked Council Chamber/Conference Room).
- For special assistance to participate in a public meeting, please email your requests to the American's with Disability Act (ADA) Coordinator 24 hours prior to a meeting or call (405) 739-1215 during regular business hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, or complete the online form:
- For a special assistance request that is less than a 24 hour notice or for help during a public meeting that is after business hours, please call (405) 739-1388 to request assistance.
- The recorded video or audio of the regular City Council and Authority meetings are available on Youtube within 48 hours of the meetings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The regular City Council and Authority meeting minutes and the videos can also be found in the Agenda Center at https://midwestcityok.org/AgendaCenter.
- The regular City Council and Authority meetings are aired live at 7:00 PM on Cox Channel 20.
Resources:Click here for Helpful Phone Numbers for Problems
- 2018 Proposed Bond Information: 2018 Bond Proposal
- FY 2018-19 MWC Community Improvement Grant Application. Completed application packets are accepted from September 4, 2018 to November 2, 2018. Click here for more information: Community Improvement Grant Page, or click here for the application: FY 2018-19 Community Improvement Grant Application.
- 2017-18 State of the City Video: 2017-18 State of the City
- 2018-19 Fiscal Year Budget Book: FY 2018-19 Budget Book
- Municipal Codes (City Ordinances): https://www2.municode.com/library/ok/midwest_city/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=11256
- Midwest City Charter: Midwest City Carter
- Midwest City Ward Map:2018 Ward Map
- Find My Voting Information: https://services.okelections.us/voterSearch
- Midwest City U.S. and State Senators and Representatives by Zip Code: MWC Legislators by Zip Code
- Click on link for the E-Commerce Sales Tax Letter to Legislator: E-Commerce Sales Tax Letter to Legislator
- Historical Sales Tax and Use Tax Collections: Historical Sales Tax and Use Tax Collections
- Directory of Boards and Commissions:FY 2018-19 Boards and Commissions