Green Trash Cart Guidelines
Carts cannot be strapped down. Please do not attach any type of strap to the cart. This will prevent the cart from dumping properly.
- One cart (1 cart) is provided to each residence.
- Additional carts are available at a fee of $5.50 per cart, per month. Contact Public Works at 405-739-1066 if you wish an additional cart.
- Lids must be completely closed; overloaded carts cannot be emptied.
- All carts are to remain at the residence to which they are assigned. Should any person change residence, you must notify customer service at 405-739-1252.
- If you have two carts, make sure they are five feet apart when set out.
- All carts must be five feet from any other obstruction such as vehicles and trees.
- All carts to be emptied must be placed at the curb with arrows facing the road.
- Carts obstructed from the sanitation collector’s view, i.e. behind parked cars, behind hedges, etc. cannot be emptied. A return fee will be applied if we have to come back and empty the cart.
- Yard waste, (grass clipping, small brush) should be put in bags and placed in the cart to assure they will properly dump. It will be impossible for the driver to be able to see if the entire contents of the cart has emptied.
- The cart shall be placed for collection before 7:00 a.m., the day of collection, and returned to your storage area that evening.
- Only household waste is to be placed in the containers. Chemicals, such as swimming pool additives, paints, and pesticides, cannot be disposed of in the city container. Violators will be ticketed. Please contact our Household Hazardous Waste Facility at 405-739-1049 to make arrangements for disposal of these types of items. This service is free to Midwest City residents. Let’s keep our route servicemen safe, by properly disposing of these types of items.
- If the cart is stolen or vandalized, resident must immediately contact the Midwest City Police Department at 405-739-1388.