- to encourage the most appropriate uses of land;
- to maintain and stabilize the value of property;
- to reduce fire hazards and improve public safety and safeguard the public health;
- to decrease traffic congestion and its accompanying hazards;
- to prevent undue concentration of population; and
- to create a comprehensive and stable pattern of land uses upon which to plan for transportation, water supply, sewerage, schools, parks, public utilities and other facilities.
A mandatory pre-application conference with city staff is required at least 10 days before a formal application for a zoning amendment can be submitted. The pre-application conference is intended to allow for the exchange of non-binding information between the applicant and city staff to ensure that the applicant is informed of pertinent city development regulations and processes. The pre-application conference provides an opportunity for the applicant and city staff to discuss major development considerations such as utilities, roadways, drainage concerns, comprehensive plan elements, specific neighborhood characteristics and historic information.
To schedule a pre-application conference, please call Lora Gwartney, 405-739-1265 or Kellie Gilles, 405-739-1223.
Zoning Map - Citizens MapViewer
Any map/data viewed or downloaded from this webpage is a general information public resource. The City of Midwest City makes no warranty, representation or guarantee as to the content, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any of the information provided on the map or in the data. Any party's use or reliance on the map information or data is at that party's own risk and without liability to the City of Midwest City, its officials or its employees for any discrepancies, errors or variances that may exist.
Click the link below, after you have read the disclaimer above, to open the Citizens MapViewer.