Accessory Buildings

A permit is required for all residential accessory buildings, regardless of the size of the building. This is to ensure that accessory buildings are not placed over building setback lines or over utility easements or in the floodway or floodplain.

The link below under "Related Information" provides information from the Midwest City Zoning Ordinance regarding accessory buildings in residential areas.

Applications can be submitted to the Community Development office located on the second floor of City Hall at 100 N. Midwest Blvd., Midwest City, OK 73110 or via the application link below.

Application Submission Requirements

  • Site plan showing the proposed location of the accessory building and distances from property lines
  • If the accessory building has a span of 30' or more, engineered drawings of the trusses are necessary
  • Complete application form - please include the dimensions of the accessory building on the application

Related Information