Frequently Asked Questions
The Senior Center phone number has changed! Please make note of our new phone number: (405) 739-1200.
Please make changes in your records for the new contact number. Thank you!
1. Do you have a list of activities that are available?
Yes! See our calendar, or visit our Activities Page for a listing of most of our activities.
2. What is the age limit for coming to the Senior Citizen's Center?
Participants must be age 55 or older.
3. Do you have a daily lunch program?
Yes. The Oklahoma County Senior Nutrition Program offers meals at the Center Monday through Friday. Lunch is served at 11:30 AM. Reservations are helpful to allow them to know how many meals to prepare. For more information, please call the Oklahoma County Senior nutrition Program at 405-949-2709. To reserve your meal for the day, please call 405-732-0302.
4. Do you have a meals program for the home-bound?
Yes. The Oklahoma County Senior Nutrition Program has a program to deliver meals to the home-bound. Please call 405-949-2709 for more information on guidelines and availability for meals.
5. What are the Senior Center's hours of operation?
The Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with special events occurring after hours, such as our dances, throughout the week.
6. Do you have rooms that are available for rent?
Yes, the Senior Citizen's Center has limited dates available. The Center will NOT be available for rent during regular business hours. Please call 405-739-1200 for available dates and fees.
7. Who employs the Senior Citizen's Center employees?
The City of Midwest City is the Senior Center's employer.
8. Who is responsible for the upkeep of the Senior Citizen's Center?
The City of Midwest City has a maintenance department that handles the cleaning and upkeep on the building.