Open Burning within City Limits
Burn Permit Request form or call 405-739-1348
ALL PERMIT HOLDERS BURN AT THEIR OWN RISK AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY LIABILITY OR DAMAGES BE IMPOSED UPON THE REPRESENTATIVE OR PROCESS APPROVING THE PERMIT, THE CITY OF MIDWEST CITY OR THE MIDWEST CITY FIRE DEPARTMENT. THE APPLICANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES TO ABIDE BY
THE PROVISIONS ON THIS PERMIT. BURN PERMITS ARE NON-TRANSFERRABLE.
1. Each permit holder must possess a current open burning permit and must comply with all provisions of the Midwest City Code, particularly Article IV, Open Burning, of Chapter 15, Fire Protection and Prevention.
2. Open burning permits are valid only for dates listed on permit.
3. Permit holder cannot burn within 50 feet of any structure, overhanging wires or trees; or within 100 feet of an occupied residence or structure not on the permit holder's property.
4. Permit holder can burn only tree trimmings and bush trimmings.
5. Permit holder cannot use petroleum-based products or flammable liquids to start the fire.
6. Permit holder cannot burn piles of leaves or grass, garbage, trash or materials that contain rubber, plastic, leather or petroleum-based products.
7. The fire must be constantly attended and extinguishing equipment must be readily available.
8. Permit holders can burn between 8:00 AM and Dusk.
9. Individuals, with or without a burn permit, can be held civilly liable for damage their fire causes to another person's property. Individuals can also be fined and/or imprisoned for illegally burning.
10. Permit fees must be paid at the time of issuance by cash, check or money order only, made out to [City of Midwest City]. The material to be burned must be inspected by a fire official prior to a permit being issued.
11. No refund or extension if unable to burn within the permit time limitations.
12. All land clearing operations for the purposes of new commercial and residential development (4 or more lots) are required to use a properly designed air curtain incinerator at the time of burning. Enforced by D.E.Q. Title 252, Chapter 100, Section 13.
The permit holder hereby agrees to accept full responsibility for any damage, injury or loss resulting from open burning activities. Violators of the provisions of this permit are subject to a revoked permit and/or citation. All applicants must first call the numbers below to verify the status of a burn day as determined by Authority Having Jurisdiction.